Yemen armed forces’ spokesman reveals results of military operations against Saudi Arabia
SANAA, Aug. 19 (YPA) – Yemen’s Sanaa-based armed forces’ military spokesman, Brig. Gen. Yahya Sarie, on Wednesday released figures on the results of Sanaa forces’ operations and the military equations, which had established in confronting Saudi Arabia.
Speaking at an event organized by the Armed Forces’ Moral Guidance Department, Brig. Gen. Sarie said the Yemeni armed forces had established three deterrence equations based on their military capabilities.
He said the first was blockade for blockade, through which the Yemeni armed forces had imposed a tight blockade preventing Saudi ships from passing. The second was targeting Saudi military buildups wherever they are located, while the third involved protecting Yemen’s sovereignty and confronting any hostile incursions.
Brig. Gen. Sarie said that since the announcement of the maritime navigation ban on Saudi Arabia on July 20, the Yemeni armed forces had targeted eight Saudi oil tankers—five in the Red Sea and three in the Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea.
He added that 48 Saudi oil tankers had been prevented from passing and forced to turn back, including 34 stopped in the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean and 14 in the Red Sea.
The military spokesman said that, in response to Saudi aggression on Sanaa Airport and Hodeida Port and as part of efforts to protect Yemeni sovereignty, the armed forces had carried out nine operations targeting locations in Yanbu, Najran, Jizan and Abha, as well as oil supplies in the Eastern Province.
Sarie said the armed forces had also carried out 14 operations targeting Saudi military buildups in Al-Ruwak, Al-Abr, Al-Wadiah, Marib and Mocha, as well as Saudi vessels and boats transporting equipment and military personnel.
He added that the operations had killed and wounded hundreds of Saudi-aligned forces, including Saudi commanders and officers, and destroyed or burned numerous weapons depots and military equipment.
The spokesman also clarified that two military landing ships carrying Saudi weapons and forces were sunk and burned off Mocha, along with more than 10 military boats affiliated with Saudi forces that he accused of conducting piracy and intercepting and looting vessels in the Red Sea under Saudi directives.
Sarie warned the Saudi leadership against any escalation, saying that any escalation would be met with a comprehensive escalation.
He said Saudi Arabia had no option but to lift the blockade, implement agreements to end the war, pay salaries, withdraw occupying forces and leave Yemen’s natural resources to the Yemeni people.
Brig. Gen. Sarie also urged Yemenis serving with Saudi-backed forces to return and leave the camps, saying: “They are Yemenis, and we do not want to target them and have them become victims.”
AA