SANAA, June 10 (YPA) – Sanaa International Airport is still under siege and the lifting of this siege will only be the full opening of this airport to various destinations, Director General of Air Transport at the General Authority for Civil Aviation Dr. Mazen Ghanem confirmed.
In a statement to Al-Masirah TV, he said that “ only 6 flights a week come out of Sanaa airport, and these flights are not enough. We want to open the airport completely.”
He considered that the closure of Sanaa airport is a war crime and the first affected by its closure is the Yemeni citizen.
Earlier on Thursday, the Undersecretary of the Civil Aviation and Meteorology Authority (CAMA), Raed Jabal, said that the Saudi-led coalition’s continued restriction of flights to and from Sanaa International Airport to one destination compounds the suffering of Yemenis.