SANAA, May 14 (YPA) – The head of the Yemeni national delegation and spokesman, Mohammed Abdulsalam, said on Tuesday that the Yemeni drone attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities were in response to Saudi Arabia war crimes against the Yemeni people.
In a statement on Twitter, Abdulsalam said “the attacks came to confront the organized terrorism of the US-backed Saudi-led aggression in the region.”
“The Yemeni people have no choice but to defend themselves against the invaders,” he added.
Earlier in the day, the Yemeni Army launched seven drone attacks on the Saudi Aramco company, damaging pumping stations.
The 1,200-kilometer pipeline carries crude from Saudi Arabia’s main eastern oil fields to the western Red Sea port city of Yanbu.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia admitted the attack and halted pumping crude oil.