BOGOTA, Aug. 22 (YPA) – The death toll from a catastrophic 7.4-magnitude earthquake that struck western Colombia has risen to 329, according to a report released Saturday by the National Unit for Disaster Risk Management (UNGRD).
In an update posted on X, the agency said 4,600 people were also injured and 257 remained missing, while 364 people had been rescued.
The agency said the earthquake affected 15 departments and 476 municipalities, impacting 314,751 people.
It added that the earthquake damaged 171,273 homes across the country, with 31,183 completely destroyed. A total of 553 multi-story buildings also collapsed.
The quake also damaged 367 health facilities, 3,710 educational facilities, and 5,584 public facilities, as well as 427 road sections, 112 water supply systems, 75 road bridges, 15 pedestrian bridges, and five airports.
A 7.4-magnitude earthquake struck Colombia on the morning of August 10. Its epicenter was in Chocó Department. The powerful tremors were felt across much of the country and in neighboring nations.
@E.Y.M