Al-Farah: Drones flaunted by Saudi-backed forces are outdated; we have more advanced and lethal weapons
SANAA, Aug. 20 (YPA) – Mohammed Al-Farah, a member of the Ansarullah Political Bureau, said the weapons and drones showcased by Saudi-backed forces—and presented as major achievements—were actually outdated systems.
He described them as first-generation remnants that Sanaa’s forces had long since surpassed and no longer relied on as part of their core capabilities.
In a post on X, Al-Farah said some of the footage and images promoted by those groups dated back several years but were being presented as recent achievements. He said this reflected the factions’ efforts to boost morale among their forces amid growing frustration.
Al-Farah also criticized the portrayal of rudimentary drones capable of dropping hand grenades as a “historic leap,” saying that more advanced and lethal generations of weapons had already entered service with Sanaa’s forces.
He noted that if Yemen’s actual capabilities and resources were put on display today, the picture would be entirely different, adding that each stage of the conflict has its own narrative, as well as its own operational and political priorities.
@E.Y.M