Hamas: The attack on Rafah is a continuation of genocide crimes and attempts to displace Palestinian people
GAZA, Feb. 12 (YPA) -The Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), said that the attack by the Nazi occupation army on the city of Rafah, and its horrific massacres against unarmed civilians, including displaced children, women, and the elderly, which has so far resulted in more than 100 martyrs, is a continuation of the genocide and forced displacement attempts waged against our Palestinian people.
“The attack by the terrorist enemy army on the city of Rafah is a compounded crime, a deepening of genocide, and an expansion of the massacres committed against our people, given the tragic conditions experienced by this city due to the crowding of approximately 1.4 million citizens in it, and its streets turned into camps for the displaced, living in extremely difficult and harsh conditions due to the lack of the most basic necessities of life,” Hamas said in a statement issued this morning.
Hamas accused the terrorist Netanyahu government and its Nazi army of blatantly disregarding the decisions of the International Court of Justice issued two weeks ago, which prescribed urgent measures including stopping any steps that could be considered acts of genocide.
“The American administration and President Biden personally bear full responsibility along with the occupation government for this massacre, due to the green light they gave to Netanyahu yesterday, and the open support they provide him with money, weapons, and political cover to continue the war of genocide and massacres” the statement read.
Hamas called on the League of Arab States, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and the United Nations Security Council, to take immediate and serious action to stop the Zionist aggression and the ongoing genocide crimes against unarmed civilians in the Gaza Strip.