Army spokesman reveals Sudanese army mercenaries’ death toll in Yemen
SANAA, Nov. 2 (YPA) – The Yemeni army’s spokesman Brigadier Yahya Sarie on Saturday said over 8,000 Sudanese soldiers in ranks of Saudi-led coalition aggression have been killed and injured in Yemen.
“The number of Sudanese soldiers killed in the south, Taiz province and the west coast fronts until last month amounted to more than 2,049 soldiers, while the total death toll on all fronts reached 4,253 soldiers,” Sarie said in a press conference.
He pointed out that the death toll of Sudanese soldiers during 2015 and 2016 reached 850 people.
The spokesman also revealed the whereabouts of the Sudanese mercenaries, saying that the so-called Fifth Hazm Brigade, consisting of 5,000 Sudanese soldiers, is stationed in al-Khoba area and the Sixth Brigade in Samitta area.
In Majaza area there are up to 2,000 Sudanese soldiers in Majaza area, a battalion consisting of 600 soldiers in Saqam area, while in the west coast there are six Sudanese brigades are stationed in the west coast, three of which consisting of 600 soldiers and officers were deported, according the spokesman.
In Aden and Lahj provinces, southern Yemen, there are 1000 Sudanese soldiers and officers deployed in Ras Abbas area, Aden Airport and Anad Air Base, he added.
Over the past two years, Sudanese soldiers committed many crimes and abuses, including rape crimes, Brig. Sarie said, adding that involving children in the fighting were among the crimes and violations committed by the Sudanese army mercenaries’ command.
He affirmed that all prisoners of the Sudanese army were treated humanely in accordance with religion and morality.
Brig. Sarie said that “the continued participation of Sudan in the coalition of aggression on Yemen serves only agendas of the ruling authority and coalition forces.”
He noted that there are Sudanese brigades stationed on the frontier fronts under the supervision of Saudi Arabia and others in the south and west coast under the supervision of the UAE.
The army spokesman vowed, saying “the continuation of Sudanese participation in the aggression on Yemen forces our forces to take serious steps to force them to leave.”
“Sudanese forces inside Yemen and any other formations that support the aggression coalition forces regardless of their location are legitimate targets,” he said.
Sudanese people have been subjected to a media misinformation campaign, like other people in the region, to withhold facts from them, Brig. Sarie added.