YEMEN Press Agency

Pro-UAE factions lose oil production sites in Hadramout

HADRAMOUT, Nov. 29 (YPA) – The events in Hadramout province were recorded on Saturday a noticeable acceleration in the ongoing conflict between Saudi Arabia and the UAE for control of the province located in eastern Yemen.

In a remarkable development, the commander of the second military region located in the Hadramout Coast, Taleb Saeed Barjash, announced that the forces of the Hadramout Tribal Alliance (HTA) forcibly seized oil fields in areas controlled by the military region under the control of the UAE-backed factions in the Hadramout Coast.

Meanwhile, the Second Military Region led by Barjash said in a statement said that armed groups affiliated with Amr bin Habrish Al-Aleyi attacked and stormed sites in PetroMasila company, which is leading to a serious escalation of the situation.

Barjash stressed that what the armed groups of the HTA did was a serious matter that couldn’t be tolerated, adding that based on the national and constitutional responsibilities, we would take all measures to ensure the safety and security of the people’s property and gains, foremost of which are the facilities of the PetroMasila company and oil fields, in a new threat that portends an aggravation of tension and the trend of the situation towards explosion between the factions loyal to the UAE and Saudi Arabia.

earlier in the day, the HTA led by Amr bin Habrish, loyal to Saudi Arabia, declared its full control over the oil plateau, in the coast of Hadramout, about 48 hours after an emergency meeting held by the HTA last week, during which it announced taking practical steps, by authorizing of Hadramout Protection Forces to confront any force from outside Hadramout and deal with it as an “invading force”, in response to fiery statements launched by factions loyal to Abu Dhabi against the leadership of the HTA.

AA