2 American soldiers killed, 6 wounded in clash in Afghanistan
SANAA, Feb. 9 (YPA) – The US military said on Sunday that two US soldiers were killed and six wounded when a person dressed as Afghan forces shot them.
According to Reuters agency on Sunday, Colonel Sony Legit, a spokesman for the American forces in Afghanistan, said in a statement, that the incident that occurred in Nangarhar province, happened after the return of a joint US-Afghan force from “a major counterinsurgency mission.”
“We are still collecting information, and the reason or motive behind the attack is not known at this time,” the colonel said.
This process comes at a time when negotiations between the representatives of the “Taliban” movement and the United States were suspended in Doha for two days, and a source close to the process told Reuters that the talks had been suspended to discuss how to overcome the obstacles that appeared recently.
Negotiations between the two sides began in Doha last year, but stopped at least twice after Taliban attacks against US forces in September and December.