NEW YORK, Dec. 26 (YPA) – The United Nations on Thursday announced that 2.2 million suspected cases of Cholera have been registered in Yemen since the beginning of the disease outbreak until mid-November.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) of the United Nations said in a statement that it had supplied two centers for treating diarrhea in Hodeidah province with medicines and other supplies, with the support of Japan’s Government.
Last October, the World Health Organization announced that it had registered 913 cholera deaths in Yemen, during the period from the beginning of 2019 until the end of last September.
The organization said, in a report, 696,537 suspected cases of cholera have been detected in Yemen, including 913 deaths from the epidemic, since the beginning of this 2019 until September 29.
The organization added that children under the age of five constitute 25.5 percent of the total suspected cases of cholera.
According to the organization’s statistics, 305 districts out of 333 districts in Yemen have been reported as having a cholera pandemic.
The organization previously announced, last August, that it had recorded 2,000 deaths as a result of this disease, since the cholera pandemic began to spread quickly, at the end of April 2017.